Tuesday 9 February 2010

Peek-a-boo

I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day. I think it's most of all a big party for department stores (they probably make an obscene amount of money selling diamond rings and heart-shaped chocolate boxes and horrid pink king-size teddy bears) and it's just so cliched (Meeting the boy, having champagne and eating what is known as "romantic dinner", which consists of candlelit lobster or oysters or any other "aphrodisiac" kind of food). I think when you're in a relatioship every day should be a celebration. And if you're single you should celebrate the good side of it just as well (and there are many good things about being single).
Anyway, I can see everyone around me is warming up right now, so I figured I could post some Jeanloup Sieff pictures and let him give us a priceless lesson on sexyness. I think Sieff's work is one of the sexiest around (if not the sexiest). He is in the antipodes of Terry Richardson. He suggests but he doesn't show. I love his slow rythm and the way something is about to happen in his pictures but you don't quite exactly know what. I also love his fascination with women's backs, bottoms and legs... They all look uber perfect!
This is great inspiration for Valentine's Day, isn't it? So if you have planned a hot date, forget about Glamour Magazine "romantic" menus and chocolate boxes. Instead think chiaroscuro and self-assurance. 100% guaranteed to work.









19 comments:

  1. haha i agree with your little paragraph!
    i love all these pictures :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this peek-a-boo themed post! Lovely black and white images...I agree in that Valentines is also a time to celebrate meaningful friendships too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! And I agree with you on Valentines being so commercial... It's a shame, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these pics, black and white images are simply the best:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog too! We follow you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous images! no lobster or oysters for me. I'm planning a surprise picnic for my boy and a lazy day exploring with my camera. :)

    Thanks for comment sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you so much for that lovely compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. que pasada de blog me encantan las fotos, muy original! te sigo, pasate cuando quieras ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog! like the organization and design of it! i'll visit it! thak u for visiting mine! :D
    xxx
    www.emavecigrek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally agree with you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i´m not a big fan of Valentine´s day either.
    an interesting article ;)
    how are you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pictures! love your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. im not a fan of valetine's day too. these photos are gorgeous though

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics - love the first one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wish my butt looked like those butts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are WONDERFUL pictures! i love all of them!
    and you are so right about the cliches of the holiday...and what makes it hated by some people. i'm neutral about it this year because i'm single, but typically it just stresses me out!
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments.